Friday, April 22, 2011

The Beginning of the End of the Beginning of the Rest of our Lives

In the past few weeks, academically at least, I have felt a significant onset of Senioritis.

Never during the year was school the worst part of my day-- even AP Lit, where I got by far the most homework, has run the gamut between entertaining to downright uproarious. Some times my day was only half over when school finished, and as the bell rang I dreaded the homework that would keep me up until the fairly wee hours of the morning. Now, though, it's becoming a lazy, homework-less blast.

Today's gallivant took place in Physics class. Since our teacher is the man, he gave us time to work on homework due at the end of class-- which I had all but completed. The last question was difficult, and I knew I had the others right. So I could choose one of two options: either finish Physics and perhaps diligently get ahead on AP World reading, or goof off the entire class. I resolved to let Senioritis wash over me.

I have rarely felt more like Jim Halpert.

One of the students, comically frustrated at the order in which our teacher, who we call The Bard Force, was dressing questions, wrote a priority list of students on the board. I was sauntering about the room when I was asked to write my friend Matt's name on the list. I decided to write "Matthew III." It was at this point in time the appointment schedule became much more than the appointment schedule it was intended to be.

Pretty soon, "Matthew III" became "Matthew III, son of Stephen, slayer of Ithgul, terror the north." My bizarrely-named artist friend Annieo became "Annieo, grand-daughter of the great Gertudyo, second cousin of the mighty Santa Claus, painter of triumphant landscapes and wielder of the Brush of Glory. My sign-language fluent, fencing acting buddy Leticia became "Leticia, lady of many faces, speaker of the hands, descendant of the famous Empress Wu, wielder of Glamdel, once held by Inigo the Avenger." This is what I did during Physics class.

The right half of the white board (With Leticia, lady of many faces writing down the histories)


And rhe left half

Now, several hours removed from the situation, it's it's a small deal. It's hardly even a deal of any size. It was just so entertaining at the time. I don't know why I listened to anyone saying Senioritis is a bad thing.

You know that feeling of the last few days before summer, where there's not much homework because of exams and no one really cares anymore? It's like that except for a month. Hopefully there are no repercussions.


-Will


"You're a reject of society." -Tanner
"I'm a reject of a Utopian society." -Taylor

No comments: